In orbit with Margie and the Moon
At Margie and the Moon, we really wanted to prioritize others’ needs and we were so excited about the idea of building a community and if we are (REALLY) lucky, help empower our peers the only way we know-how.
Creativity is often considered a catalyst that encourages you to feel more connected to your authentic self. If you feel like you don’t know what you are doing, or a tad discouraged that’s a good sign. It means you are trying something different. And remember that only change can bring growth.
Making has been such a powerful tool in my life in managing difficult emotions as I don’t always have words for what I am feeling. And I can certainly be short on time with two kids and a busy work schedule. So, don’t be too hard on yourself when starting. Sometimes, just cutting out a couple of pictures from a magazine and putting them together in a collage can be such a welcome release.
Our first project will be a mantra collage made by Aurore. Here are the steps she utilized in creating her beautiful piece.
- Choose your *MANTRA*
- Gather all the material needed
- Paint the card paper that you'll user to create your letter
and let it dry
- Cut the background part after measuring your frame
- Paint the background of the frame and let it dry
- When the card paper is dry, use it to cut out your letter *It is easier to cut out capital letter than cursive.
- Place your letters on the background and frame it :-)!
- Keep your mantra in a place
where you'll be able to see it regularly.*